Monday, April 20, 2009

Gödel’s Incompleteness theorem

In 1931, Kurt Gödel came up with theorem that states that there exists at least one statement within a formal axiomatic theory that cannot be proved to be true. This theorem is famously known as “Gödel’s Incompleteness theorem”. This theorem not has makes a deep impact on the philosophy of mathematics but also describes the very nature of human life!

Let me make it clear this way by modifying the theorem.

There exists at least one wish within a human being that never gets fulfilled in his/her lifetime.

I know, that thing does sound like being rude to fate - however I have always noticed that incompleteness in my life. My mother says, God dislikes the dissatisfied people and one should be self-contained with what has been given to him/her. I want to make it clear that I am not dissatisfied with life, just that I am not satisfied too.

The other day I saw a movie called “Wanted”, I know I am watching a lot of movies now-a-days. It is again the same genre of movie where the hero doesn’t get the girl at the end. However, the movie is remarkably different that the typical movie in which hero falls in love. This movie deals with a group of assassins who kills people based on a fate machine. The theory revolves around a person who considered his life to be useless suddenly finds himself doing amazing stunts along with the group of assassins. And there enters Angelina Jolie… I still can’t forget her Lara Croft look, as gorgeous as ever. I won’t go in detail on the review of the movie but if you thought only Rajnikanth can play with bullets, watch this movie!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home