Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Some old grudge....

Thanekars. These people exist for the sole reason of existing. This city is surely well embedded in the history of Maharashtra, right from the times of the Portuguese and Maratha empire. It also saw its glory days in the times of the Peshwa dynasty, and maybe all this cause of this place called Ghodbunder. Going literally by the Marathi translation, Ghod means HORSE and Bunder means PORT. It was a place where the finest breeds of horses from all over the world, were off loaded from ships, and sent to traders all over Maharashtra. Literally, ain't that a refreshing piece of history.

Any Thane-kar reading this will boast about this glory forever. Duh!

*Chop chop chop*

This city is cruel. It gave me the best 8 years of my life, or so do I say. I mean its an amazing place, considering it has grown from a quaint port town, to what can be deemed as a extended arm of the teeming financial metropolis of Mumbai. And the credit for this goes, to the massive out crop of residential projects in this city. Every nook and cranny is being filled with high rise buildings. Are they done with the Rustomjee Builders and Hiranandani Meadows projects yet? If am not wrong, HDIL and Lokhandwala are squeezing in too.

But truly the Yeoor part of the town maybe all quiet and fancy with its pleasant and cool surroundings, but the true heart of the city is the old part of Thane. The part near the station. Brahman Society, Charai, Talaopali, Gaon-devi, Ghantali, Paanchpakhadhi and all. Just love these places. They maybe in the heart of the city, but they truly reflect the beauty and elegance of Thane.

Ah! Let me come to the main point now, enough of a residential guide of Thane. The people in this city. What grudge do they have against me?

Poking my eye in that umbrella shop, whacking with a gourd on my cheek, stepping on my foot, little tot Thanekars pulling the decoratives on my bag * One brat yanked off the Milan badge, as I was talking to Ojas on phone. Disgusting kid. *, pushing-pulling....

Thats what I mean. I have a complaint now. I mean on Sunday, this city is truly cruel. It maybe the shopping weekend, but people would go to any lengths to harm me. I write this entry on my blog, especially for these uncouth shoppers.

They can bloody whack the hell out of you.

Punekars, I owe you this one too. You are famed for your pathetic street mannerisms, and I attest the fact that YOU'LL SUCK at courtesy too. If I were to go to a tekdi for a stroll, one friendly aunty tells me of some girl who was molested there 2 days back. How does that affect me? If I ask for misal paav, all I get is a stupid usal chi bhaaji and Wibs ka bread slices. C'mon do these people really live in a rat hole?

Then coming to the other things, they are the worst shoppers. Yes, really worse than Thane-kars. One back swing, and that aaji's samai in Tulshi baug, landed on my eye. Does hitting youngsters really turn them on?

Mumbaikars, you'll are no less. Let me have no grudges against you, but your trains suck. They juice the life out of anyone.

Anyways, I'm too bored to write further...

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:35:00 PM , Blogger _Priya Raj_ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:35:00 PM , Blogger _Priya Raj_ said...

1. Pune is not the only city with hostile Traffic.
2. Misal doesnt have a fixed recipe.
3. Better be forewarned than repent later, maybe that woman was right.
4. Trains belong to the Govt., not the ppl.

 
At Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:09:00 PM , Blogger _Priya Raj_ said...

I HOPE U READ THIS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home